Scott is a member of the Corporate Practice Team and currently serves as the firm’s Executive Partner. His practice focuses on business representation including transactions, planning and counseling. Specifically, Scott deals with acquisitions, sales, mergers, succession planning, private equity, financing and joint ventures on a variety of levels. He also spends a significant portion of his time counseling clients on supply chain contracting issues.
For more information, please contact Scott Hill at 616/336-6929 or email@example.com.
Acquisition by material handling integrator of software development company to assist with vertical integration strategy.
Acquisition of assets of automotive supplier ($54 million).
Sale of assets of laser cosmetic surgery and related services provider with more than 200 individual customer centers to private equity fund involving subordinated seller financing ($225 million).
Merger transaction involving the consolidation of multiple automotive suppliers and subsequent sale transaction to a private equity fund, including equity rollover considerations ($415 million).
Management buyout of food processing company from private equity owner ($75 million).
Sale of a chain of 33 gas stations and convenience stores to a private equity fund ($31 million).
Representation of a food processing company in its recapitalization and sale ($63 million).
Joint venture transaction combining automotive body panels company with a tooling design and build company to offer an integrated solution for engineering, tooling, stamping, and assembly.
Acquisition of equipment dealer involving real estate and post-closing transition consideration.
Merger of two privately-held service businesses operating with public and private clients.
Several sale, acquisition, and joint venture transactions involving medical practices, food processing companies and automotive suppliers
Supply side and customer side terms and conditions analysis.
Several succession planning engagements involving two or more generations of planning.
Honors & Recognitions
Leadership Grand Rapids, 2017
Leading Lawyers, Leading Lawyer, 2021
Michigan Super Lawyers®, Rising Star, 2013
Alma College, President’s Advisory Council, 2014 - 2017
Better Business Bureau of Western Michigan: Board, 2011 - 2016; Executive Committee, 2012 - 2015
Economic Club of Grand Rapids, 2009 - present
Grand Rapids Bar Association
State Bar of Michigan
Western Michigan Roundtable, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago
AYSO coach, 2011 - 2016
Bite Cancer Foundation, Board, 2016 - present
Clarkston Basketball Foundation, Board, 2013 - present
Youth basketball coach, 2014 - present
Youth baseball coach, 2012 - present
News & Publications
- June 24, 2020
- Michigan Lawyers Weekly, March 19, 2020
- Detroit Legal News, March 18, 2020
- MiBiz, March 15, 2020
- Grand Rapids Legal News, March 11, 2020
- March 4, 2020
- Law360, March 4, 2020
- Consider the Source: West Michigan Manufacturers Search for Supply Chain Solutions Amid Coronavirus OutbreakMiBiz, March 2, 2020
- January 3, 2019
- September 27, 2016
- September 6, 2013
- December 10, 2009
Panelist, Strategic Discussion with West Michigan Automotive Suppliers, MiBiz, August 20, 2018
Panelist, Strategic Discussion with West Michigan Automotive Suppliers, MiBiz, August 20, 2017
Panelist, Conversation with West Michigan Automotive Suppliers, MiBiz, August 4, 2016
Panelist, Startup Blunders and Barriers: So You've Got Capital. Now What?, June 2012
Speaker, Pure Michigan Business Connect – West Michigan, August 2011
Panelist, Exit Strategies: Guiding the Family Business Through a Critical Transition, May 2010
- Coronavirus and Global Supply: Contractual Protections Can Be a Remedy to the Symptoms from Unhealthy Supply ChainsBusiness Law Advisory, February 20, 2020
- Grand Rapids Business Journal, September 14, 2018
- Business Law Blog Post, March 26, 2018
- Automotive Blog Post, July 18, 2016
- Business Law Blog Post, November 24, 2015
- Tax Advisory, January 30, 2015
- Business Law Blog Post, July 24, 2014
- Deadline Looms for Conflict Mineral Disclosure Requirements: Update for Suppliers of Reporting CompaniesEnvironmental Law Update, May 16, 2014
- Business Law Blog Post, February 14, 2014
- Grand Rapids Business Journal, July 30, 2013
- Automotive Blog Post, March 20, 2009
Wayne State University Law School
The Wayne Law Review, Survey Editor
B.S., magna cum laude, Chemistry/Business, 2000
- All Michigan state courts