Family Law Attorney
Erika's practice is dedicated to divorce, child custody and family law litigation, mediation, arbitration and collaboration. Erika adamantly advocates for her clients throughout West Michigan. Her specialty is complex, high-asset cases and challenging custody matters. For over 24 years, her diligence, experience and tenacity have enabled her to help her clients resolve their family law legal matters. Throughout her career, Erika has litigated cases in both federal court and all levels of Michigan state courts. In addition, Erika is a trained mediator and collaborative attorney, and she is frequently called upon by her colleagues to serve as a private mediator.
For more information, please contact Erika Salerno Shadowens at 269/553-3549 or email@example.com.
Honors & Recognitions
Best Lawyers in America®, Family Law, 2021
National Law Review, Thought Leader Award (Family Law Practice Team), 2020
Michigan Lawyers Weekly, Women in the Law, 2014
Kalamazoo County Bar Association, Vlachos Award, 2013
Kalamazoo County Bar Association
Kalamazoo County Family Law Bar Association
State Bar of Michigan, Family Law Section
Cable television host, You and the Law, Appelton, Wisconsin
Kalamazoo Bach Festival, former member
Leadership Kalamazoo, 2014
News & Publications
- September 22, 2020
- Women’s Lifestyle: Inspired Voices (podcast), April 27, 2020
- Fox17, April 14, 2020
- January 3, 2019
- July 17, 2017
- July 17, 2017
- Family Law Advisory, February 3, 2021
- Family Law Advisory, August 21, 2020
- Family Law Advisory, July 7, 2020
- Family Law Advisory, May 19, 2020
- Family Law Advisory, May 6, 2020
- Family Law Advisory, April 23, 2020
- Family Law Advisory, April 16, 2020
- Family Law Advisory, April 13, 2020
- Family Law Advisory, April 7, 2020
- Family Law Advisory, April 6, 2020
- Family Law Advisory, March 30, 2020
- Family Law Advisory, March 23, 2020
- Family Law Advisory, February 28, 2020
- Family Law Advisory, April 2, 2018
- Family Law Advisory, December 12, 2017
Erika is a no nonsense attorney that tells you straight forward what your options are from a legal standpoint and advise you how best to proceed. Meanwhile, always leaving the final decision with you. She always made me feel as if my case was the most important because though I am merely one of many clients, Erika communicated with me like I was the only one.
Erika did a fantastic job with our case even when it got very heated between the other side & their lawyer towards the end. She got us sole legal and physical custody of our daughter which we thought was near impossible. She really cares about her clients and always has their best interests in mind.
I have hired Erika twice for two separate occasions. The most recent case she helped me with was a custody issue. She was able to help me keep custody of my son, and to be able to move out of state. With both occasions Erika showed compassion and genuine concern. She goes in to battle and stands strong on the battle for you! I highly recommend Erika and will use her again!
Additional client testimonials are available on Erika's AVVO profile.
*Statements concerning past results do not assure similar outcomes in any other matter.
Loyola University Chicago School of Law
LL.M. (Master of Laws), Health Care, 2014
Drake University Law School
Des Moines, Illinois
J.D., with honors, 1996
Michigan State University
East Lansing, Michigan
- All Michigan state courts
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan