Eric is a business and corporate attorney who advises startups, private and family-owned businesses, and multinational companies in the automotive, manufacturing, technology, retail and health care industries. His practice is focused on domestic and international mergers, stock and asset acquisitions, joint ventures, business entity formation, export and import compliance, international trade and a wide variety of general business matters, including commercial contracts, regulatory compliance, strategic and operational issues, and general corporate governance. Eric also advises his business clients on succession planning, asset protection and general estate planning matters.
Additionally, Eric represents clients in a variety of real estate transactions, including the purchase, sale and lease of commercial, residential and industrial property. Eric has acted as counsel for buyers, sellers, landlord, tenants, developers and condominium associations.
For more information, please contact Eric Post at 616/336-6569 or email@example.com
Represented Fabco Holdings, Inc. in sale of product portfolio and related technologies to Meritor. Negotiated transaction documents and advised on employee benefit, union, intellectual property and financing-related matters.
Represented a marketing company with deep traditional media buying expertise in its sale to a marketing solutions company focused on digital media, resulting in the Midwest's largest independent media planning and buying platform.
Sale of assets of regional newspaper publisher to national, publicly-traded media company ($5 million).
Sale of stock in plastics manufacturing company to strategic buyer ($58 million).
Purchase of manufacturing business and underlying real estate by large multinational competitor ($1.5 million).
Sale of multi-location frozen dessert business, including management rollover.
Purchase of equity in manufacturing company supplying military power systems ($9 million).
Merger of software development company with a large Silicon Valley-based enterprise.
Assisted in merger of multi-branch community bank with large regional bank ($180 million).
Multiple joint ventures, corporate reorganizations and equity investor transactions.
Drafting and negotiating a variety of business contracts, including purchase agreements, operating agreements, supply and distribution agreements, confidentiality and non-compete agreements, employment and consulting agreements, and other corporate governance documents.
Honors & Recognitions
Grand Rapids Magazine's Top Lawyers, Corporate Law, 2020
American Bar Association: Business Law Section; Real Property Section; Trust and Estate Law Section
Grand Rapids Bar Association
State Bar of Michigan: Business Law Section; Real Property Law Section; Probate and Estate Planning Section
Camp Blodgett, Board member
Junior Achievement, volunteer
The People Center, Board member
News & Publications
- December 9, 2020
- West Michigan's Morning News (Podcast), April 13, 2020
- West Michigan's Morning News (Podcast), March 24, 2020
- The Detroit News, March 23, 2020
- March 22, 2018
- December 7, 2016
- July 19, 2016
- December 3, 2014
- Business Law Advisory, June 8, 2020
- Business Law Advisory, June 2, 2020
- Business Law Advisory, May 21, 2020
- Business Law Advisory, May 18, 2020
- Business Law Advisory, May 7, 2020
- Real Estate and Construction Law Advisory, May 5, 2020
- Stay at Home, a Little Longer: Key Changes and Loosened Restrictions Under Michigan’s Executive Order 2020-59Business Law Advisory, April 24, 2020
- Labor and Employment Law Advisory, April 16, 2020
- Business Law Advisory, April 10, 2020
- Business Law Advisory, March 23, 2020
- Business Law Advisory, January 17, 2020
- Business Law Blog Post, August 6, 2018
- Trump Announces Withdrawal from Iran Nuclear Deal – What it May Mean for Iranian Business OperationsBusiness Law Blog Post, May 8, 2018
- Tax Advisory, March 9, 2018
- Cottage Law Blog Post, December 23, 2015
DePaul University College of Law
J.D., cum laude, 2008
Hofstra University School of Law
Hempstead, New York
First Year J.D. Curriculum, 2006
B.A., cum laude, Double Major in Economics and Political Science, 2005
- All Michigan state courts
- United States District Court for the Western District of Michigan