Eric is a business and corporate attorney who advises startups, private and family-owned businesses, and multinational companies in the automotive, manufacturing, technology, venture capital and professional service industries. He works with clients through the lifespan of their business, from the formation or acquisition stage through the ultimate sale or other exit — and all the legal issues that arise in between. His practice is focused on mergers and acquisitions, international trade, and a wide variety of general business matters, including commercial contracts, regulatory compliance, strategic and operational issues, succession planning and general corporate governance.
Additionally, Eric has substantial experience in a variety of real estate transactions, including the purchase, sale and lease of commercial, residential and industrial property.
For more information, please contact Eric Post at 616/336-6569 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Represented Fabco Holdings, Inc. in sale of product portfolio and related technologies to Meritor. Negotiated transaction documents and advised on employee benefit, union, intellectual property and financing-related matters.
Represented a marketing company with deep traditional media buying expertise in its sale to a marketing solutions company focused on digital media, resulting in the Midwest's largest independent media planning and buying platform.
Sale of assets of regional newspaper publisher to national, publicly-traded media company ($5 million).
Sale of stock in plastics manufacturing company to strategic buyer ($58 million).
Purchase of manufacturing business and underlying real estate by large multinational competitor.
Sale of multi-location frozen dessert business, including management rollover.
Purchase of equity in manufacturing company supplying military power systems ($9 million).
Merger of software development company with a large Silicon Valley-based enterprise.
Assisted in merger of multi-branch community bank with large regional bank ($180 million).
Drafting and negotiating a variety of business contracts, including purchase agreements, operating agreements, supply and distribution agreements, confidentiality and non-compete agreements, employment and consulting agreements, and other corporate governance documents.
Honors & Recognitions
Grand Rapids Magazine's Top Lawyers, Corporate Law, 2020
West Coast Chamber of Commerce: West Coast Leadership. Class of 2018
American Bar Association: Business Law Section; Real Property Section; Trust and Estate Law Section
Grand Rapids Bar Association
State Bar of Michigan: Business Law Section; Real Property Law Section; International Law Section
Camp Blodgett, Board member
Junior Achievement, volunteer
The People Center, Board member
News & Publications
- December 9, 2020
- West Michigan's Morning News (Podcast), April 13, 2020
- West Michigan's Morning News (Podcast), March 24, 2020
- The Detroit News, March 23, 2020
- March 22, 2018
- October 3, 2017
- August 29, 2017
- December 7, 2016
- July 19, 2016
- December 3, 2014
- Business Law Advisory, June 8, 2020
- Business Law Advisory, June 2, 2020
- Business Law Advisory, May 21, 2020
- Business Law Advisory, May 18, 2020
- Business Law Advisory, May 7, 2020
- Real Estate and Construction Law Advisory, May 5, 2020
- Stay at Home, a Little Longer: Key Changes and Loosened Restrictions Under Michigan’s Executive Order 2020-59Business Law Advisory, April 24, 2020
- Labor and Employment Law Advisory, April 16, 2020
- Business Law Advisory, April 10, 2020
- Business Law Advisory, March 23, 2020
- Business Law Advisory, January 17, 2020
- Business Law Blog Post, August 6, 2018
- Trump Announces Withdrawal from Iran Nuclear Deal – What it May Mean for Iranian Business OperationsBusiness Law Blog Post, May 8, 2018
- Tax Advisory, March 9, 2018
- Cottage Law Blog Post, December 23, 2015
DePaul University College of Law
J.D., cum laude, 2008
Hofstra University School of Law
Hempstead, New York
First Year J.D. Curriculum, 2006
B.A., cum laude, Double Major in Economics and Political Science, 2005
- All Michigan state courts
- United States District Court for the Western District of Michigan