For the seventh year in a row, Varnum is partnering with the Grand Rapids Art Museum and Grand Rapids Opportunities for Women on WomenConnect, an annual event designed to introduce and welcome new women leaders to the West Michigan community.
WomenConnect introduces newcomer and newly-promoted female professionals to a cross section of the robust and diverse women’s professional community in the Grand Rapids area. The event is by invitation, providing an opportunity for women in different stages of their careers to meet and network with other decision makers in our community.
The following professionals will be recognized at this year’s event:
- Deborah Guyton – vice president of Human Resources, Wolverine Building Group
- Graci Harkema – Diversity and Inclusion director, Founders Brewing Company
- Christina Keller – president and CEO, Cascade Engineering
- Philomena Mantella – president-elect, Grand Valley State University
- Juana Williams – Exhibitions curator, Urban Institute for Contemporary Arts
Following introductions and statements by the honorees, attendees are invited to enjoy refreshments and networking, with the opportunity to take in GRAM exhibits, including the current Maya Lin exhibit, Flow. The event draws about 150 people each year.
“We are so pleased to continue to partner with GRAM and GROW on this event,” said Varnum partner Linsey Gleason, who co-chairs the firm’s Diversity Committee and Diversity and Inclusion Advisory Council. “The event was created as a way of connecting and supporting women leaders who are new to West Michigan or in new leadership roles, but it has evolved into a celebration of women professionals in the many stages of their personal and career journeys.”