Health Care Associate (Grand Rapids)
The Grand Rapids office of Varnum LLP seeks to add a health care associate attorney with at least two years' experience to their team. Prior health care experience is preferred. Prior corporate experience would also be acceptable. This is a great opportunity to work and mentor alongside some of the finest attorneys in West Michigan. If you are interested in being a part of a team that is collegial, entrepreneurial and focused on delivering exceptional client service, please forward a cover letter, resume, and law school transcript to Kim DeBoer at email@example.com. Please indicate "health care associate position" in your cover letter.
Credit / Collections Specialist
Varnum LLP is looking for an experienced Credit / Collections Specialist on the Accounting and Finance team. This position will have responsibilities for the intake of new clients through the collection and resolution of those accounts. We are seeking a professional team member to develop great working relationships and provide excellent client service.
- Work directly with attorneys and clients to resolve delinquent accounts, using procedures that drive positive inventory management, reduce write offs and minimize older receivables.
- Perform credit reviews, monitoring the risk of new and existing clients.
- Provide financial analysis of monthly revenue goals, inventory trends and develop action plans.
- Together with the billing team, ensure all invoicing is efficiently delivered to clients and unique billing arrangements are properly addressed.
- In collaboration with the cash application team, ensure timely and accurate postings of client payments.
- Ability to build strong working relationships is essential.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Work well both independently and as a team.
- BS or BA in Accounting or finance with 3 years of relevant experience.
Please provide cover letter, resume and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE M/F
Secretary - Corporate (Grand Rapids)
Varnum LLP has a full-time opening for an experienced corporate legal secretary in our Grand Rapids office. The ideal candidate will demonstrate excellent technical skills, (particularly in MS Word and Excel) and proofreading skills, with strong organizational abilities. We are seeking a self-starter who is interested in developing professionally and committed to providing responsive client service. We offer a professional environment with a competitive compensation and benefit program. Please send a cover letter, resume and salary expectations to email@example.com. EOE M/F
Human Resources (Novi/Detroit/Ann Arbor)
Varnum LLP is seeking to add a Human Resources professional to our team. This mid-level position, located in SE Michigan, will support HR functions in our Novi, Detroit, and Ann Arbor offices under the supervision of the HR Director and in conjunction with the HR team based in Grand Rapids. Traveling regularly to our SE regional offices is required.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Recruiting: place advertisements, screen/interview candidates, conduct reference checks, draft offer letters, etc.
- Assist with onboarding/offboarding.
- Resolve issues of workflow and coverage.
- Resolve employee relations issues.
- Establish and maintain long-term working relationships with staff/attorneys to ensure employee satisfaction and retention.
- Exercise care and discretion with confidential and sensitive materials on issues.
- Assist with special projects, initiatives, firm events, and programs.
- Collaborate with other HR team members to balance workload as needed.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Human Resources or related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience is required, preferably in a legal or professional office environment.
- Knowledgeable about HR policies and laws.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to remain poised in difficult situations.
- Ability to work independently with multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Client service-oriented team player.
- Strategic thinking and active-listening skills.
- Ability to identify issues, develop recommendations and implement solutions.
Varnum LLP offers a professional environment with a competitive compensation and benefit program. Please send cover letter, resume and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE M/F
Part-Time Messenger (Novi)
Varnum LLP has a part-time opening in our Novi office for a messenger/office clerk. Hours are Monday, Wednesday, and every other Friday from 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.; some flexibility required. Responsibilities include deliveries/pick-ups, court runs, other errands as needed, copy projects, mail and miscellaneous office tasks. Must have reliable transportation; mileage reimbursed. The ideal candidate will be a hard-working, service-oriented team player with a history of dependability and resourcefulness. We offer a professional work environment with competitive salary. Please provide cover letter and resume to email@example.com. EOE M/F