For 130 years, clients have trusted Varnum for excellence, innovation and superior results in the delivery of legal services. Over the years, as the needs of our clients have become more complex, we have kept pace by constantly expanding our areas of practice, our understanding of evolving trends and issues, and our ability to harness technology effectively.
Today Varnum is firmly established as one of Michigan's premier law firms. A full service-provider of legal counsel, Varnum has a strong core of experience.
Varnum clients represent a diverse range of business and legal interests: manufacturers, financial institutions, health care providers, professional groups, municipalities, colleges and universities, school districts, developers, publishers, retailers, governmental units, transportation, trade associations and charitable organizations.
Our team approach to client service provides an outstanding model for maintaining the close personal relationship that traditionally exists between lawyer and client, while ensuring the clients also have available to them the full resources of the firm. One of our lawyers will assume primary responsibility for the client relationship, and he or she will be assisted as needed by other lawyers within the firm who can offer their experience on a particular matter.
For 130 years, a guiding principle at Varnum has been our commitment to excellence. We are pleased to occasionally be recognized for this commitment. Recent recognitions includes:
- U.S. News & World Report – Best Lawyers® ranks Varnum in more than 40 practice areas in the latest “Best Law Firms” list.
- Chambers USA, a national directory that ranks leading law firms and lawyers based almost entirely on client feedback, recognized Varnum in four of the practice areas available to Michigan law firms (2017).
- The 2018 edition of The Best Lawyers in America®recognizes 78 Varnum attorneys, including 10 who received "Lawyer of the Year" recognition in their respective areas of practice.
- Varnum's Estate Planning practice received the highest possible ranking in the 2018 edition of Chambers HNW, which rates service providers to the private wealth market.
- Varnum was named a "Top Ranked Firm" based on our large percentage of attorneys with a Martindale-Hubbell AV®Preeminent™ rating—the highest possible.
- Varnum is recognized as a "Go-To Law Firm for the Top 500 Companies" by integrated media company ALM, based on "delivery of exceptional work for the Fortune 500."
- A total of 42 Varnum attorneys are recognized by Super Lawyers®, including 11 recognized as “Rising Stars.”