Timothy J. Lundgren Partner
Environmental, Energy, and Water Law Experience
Tim Lundgren is a partner in the Environmental and Energy Practice Groups and chair of the firm's Water Law Specialty Area. In the water area, Tim works on matters related to water quality and water supply and use, including discharge permitting and compliance, stormwater compliance, and water withdrawal. He has assisted clients with waterfront and port facilities on permitting and compliance matters both on inland waterways and on the Great Lakes, and with spill response efforts.
In other environmental areas, Tim has extensive experience addressing site remediation and cleanup at client-owned and third-party sites, including negotiating with state and federal regulatory agencies and advising clients at multi-PRP sites. He has experience working on solid and hazardous waste matters, and performs due diligence related to property transfers. Tim also represents clients on air quality matters, including permitting and compliance.
On the energy side, Tim assists clients with permitting and compliance for energy development and represents competitive and alternative energy suppliers before the Michigan Public Service Commission.
Tim also has extensive experience in telecommunications law, where he assists municipalities, educational institutions and others on telecommunications matters including cable franchising, construction and permitting of fiber optic systems, leasing of antenna towers, and a variety of FCC-related licensing and other matters.
Tim is a primary contributor to Varnum's blogs on water law and environmental matters.
University of Michigan School of Law
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Ohio State University
Ph.D., English, 1996
University of Colorado, Boulder
- Grand Rapids Bar Association, Environmental Law Section
- Michigan Manufacturers Association (Environmental Policy Committee, Air Quality Committee, and Energy Committee)
- National Association of Telecommunications Officers and Advisors
- Administrative and Regulatory Law Council, State Bar
- State Bar of Michigan: Environmental Law Section
- Michigan Chemistry Council, Government Affairs Committee
- West Michigan Land Conservancy (Board, 2006 – June 2012)
Recognition & Rankings
- Listed in Best Lawyers 2012