Michael J. Roth Partner
Commercial Litigation Experience
Mike focuses his practice on commercial litigation and trademarks. He also serves as a federal mediator. He has tried and arbitrated numerous commercial cases.
Mike’s experience encompasses a range of business matters, including contract disputes with vendors, employment disputes, membership and shareholder disputes regarding asset and stock purchase agreements, ERISA claims and real estate disputes. He has particular experience representing clients in the Michigan automotive industry as well as manufacturing and professional services, including physician’s groups.
Rather than simply discussing the litigation process, Mike first consults with clients regarding their business goals. This approach allows Mike to develop practical legal strategies that have earned him the respect of clients who regularly seek him out not only for litigation, but also for litigation avoidance, general business counsel, and risk mitigation.
Prior to joining Varnum, Mike served as the president of the Law Weathers law firm.
Valparaiso University School of Law
University of Michigan
Ann Arbor, Michigan
- State Bar of Michigan: Litigation Section
- Grand Rapids Bar Association: Litigation Section, Executive Committee
- Martindale-Hubbell Rating: AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated
- Listed in Michigan Super Lawyers
- Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America
- Leading Lawyers, Commercial Litigation
- East Grand Rapids Girls LaCrosse, Board
- East Grand Rapids Boys LaCrosse, Board