Christopher J. Caldwell Partner
Estate Planning Experience
Chris focuses his practice on working with clients and their advisors to create estate plans that enable them to plan for today as well as for future generations. Chris regularly prepares sophisticated estate plans, emphasizing probate avoidance, estate and tax planning, business succession planning and cottage law. Chris's practice also includes a significant focus on post-death planning and the administration of estates and trusts.
- Involved with Michigan's Institute for Continuing Legal Education, serving as a moderator and as a co-author of a chapter in the ICLE book "Michigan Revocable Grantor Trusts"
- Published written works in the University of Pittsburgh Law Review, the Michigan Bar Journal, and Michigan Lawyers Weekly
- Member of both the State Bar of Michigan and the Grand Rapids Bar Association
Chris regularly makes presentations regarding estate planning, estate and trust administration, tax planning and cottage law. He has presented to professional groups such as the Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants and the Michigan Bankers' Association.
- Home Repair Services (Board)
- Porter Hills, Planned Giving Committee
- Fountain Street Church Foundation (Board)
- West Michigan Estate Planning Council (Board)
University of Pittsburgh School of Law
J.D., magna cum laude, 2002
B.A., cum laude, History, 1998
Ranking and Recognition
- Lised in The Best Lawyers in America® 2012