Bruce Goodman Counsel
Environmental and Energy Law Experience
Bruce Goodman practices energy law, environmental law, and construction law. His environmental expertise includes air quality permitting work, compliance counseling on air emissions, state and federal enforcement defense issues, and environmental management program development. His energy expertise includes negotiating numerous electric power sales agreements (both for wholesale sellers of energy and for retail consumers of energy) state electric rate cases, developing municipal energy tariffs, and energy project structuring and permitting. He regularly posts to his blog focusing on alternative energy developments in Michigan. Most recently he has been involved in alternative energy projects including various wind energy, biofuels, and solar projects. In the area of construction law, he drafts and negotiates construction contracts for business and public owners with architects, engineers, and contractors, and has been involved in a number of LEED certification projects.
Bruce is the author of the Watt's New? Michigan Energy News newsletter and was named a "Thought Leader in Law" for his work with clients in the energy industry. He is the principal organizer for the Ford Energy Lecture series held in Grand Rapids and Ann Arbor.
- Member of the ABA Section on Energy and Environmental Law
- Member of the Federal Energy Bar Association
- Member of American Wind Energy Association
- Member of Michigan Manufacturers Association Air Quality subcommittee
- Member of the Environmental Law Section of the Grand Rapids Bar Association
- Member of the ABA Forum on the Construction Industry
- Secretary of Michigan Energy Innovators Business Council (MiEIBC)
- Air and Waste Management Association
- West Michigan Energy
Bruce gives numerous presentations each year on energy issues, as well as moderating energy panels. He also presents on air quality issues, as well as participating in the Air and Waste Management Association programs, and other trade association programs.
In 2008, he worked on two technical workgroups supporting Michigan's Climate Action Council. Bruce is also a founding member of the West Michigan Energy Group.
Recognition & Rankings
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® since 2010
- Martindale-Hubbell Rating, BV® Distinguished™
- Serves as Chairman of the Cascade Township Bike Path Millage Committee
- Serves on the Schools' Committee of the Harvard Club of West Michigan
- Plays alto saxophone in the Grand Band at the St. Cecilia Music Center
University of Michigan Law School
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Wayne State University