Bruce Goodman Counsel
Environmental and Energy Law Experience
Bruce Goodman practices energy law, environmental law, and construction law. His environmental expertise includes air quality permitting work, compliance counseling on air emissions, state and federal enforcement defense issues, and environmental management program development. His energy expertise includes negotiating numerous electric power sales agreements (both for wholesale sellers of energy and for retail consumers of energy) state electric rate cases, developing municipal energy tariffs, and energy project structuring and permitting. He regularly posts to his blog focusing on alternative energy developments in Michigan. Most recently he has been involved in alternative energy projects including various wind energy, biofuels, and solar projects. In the area of construction law, he drafts and negotiates construction contracts for business and public owners with architects, engineers, and contractors, and has been involved in a number of LEED certification projects.
Bruce is the author of the Watt's New? Michigan Energy News newsletter and was named a "Thought Leader in Law" for his work with clients in the energy industry. He is the principal organizer for the Ford Energy Lecture series held in Grand Rapids and Ann Arbor.
University of Michigan Law School
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Wayne State University
- American Bar Association: Section on Energy and Environmental Law
- Federal Energy Bar Association
- American Wind Energy Association
- Michigan Manufacturers Association Air Quality subcommittee
- Grand Rapids Bar Assocation: Environmental Law Section
- American Bar Association Forum on the Construction Industry
- Michigan Energy Innovators Business Council (MiEIBC), secretary
- Air and Waste Management Association
- West Michigan Energy
Bruce gives numerous presentations each year on energy issues, as well as moderating energy panels. He also presents on air quality issues, as well as participating in the Air and Waste Management Association programs, and other trade association programs.
In 2008, he served on two technical workgroups supporting Michigan's Climate Action Council. Bruce is also a founding member of the West Michigan Energy Group.
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® since 2010
- Martindale-Hubbell Rating, BV® Distinguished™
- Cascade Township Bike Path Millage Committee, Chairman
- Harvard Club of West Michigan, Schools' Committee
- Grand Band at the St. Cecilia Music Center, plays alto saxophone