Brion B. Doyle Partner
Litigation and Trial Experience
Brion is a member of the Litigation Practice Team. He is experienced in commercial and environmental litigation in state and federal court. Brion has represented clients in a wide range of commercial and tort cases including class action defense, products liability defense, personal injury defense, commercial contract disputes, covenants not to compete, embezzlement and bank fraud actions, minority shareholder disputes, and in collection and creditors’ rights litigation. He has handled all forms of alternative dispute resolution, including facilitative mediation, arbitration, and case evaluation under the Michigan Court Rules.
Brion is also a member of Varnum’s E-Discovery Task Force, where he advises clients on matters relating to the preservation and production of electronically-stored information as well as best practices for companies in retaining data. Brion is admitted to practice in all Michigan state courts, the United States District Courts for the Western and Eastern Districts of Michigan, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit.
Wayne State University Law School
J.D., magna cum laude, 2004
Order of the Coif
Note & Comment Editor, Wayne State Law Review
Lederle Scholar, Dean's Scholar
B.A., Economics & Management, 2000
Albion College Judicial Board
- State Bar of Michigan (Agricultural Law Section, Council)
- Grand Rapids Bar Association
- Access to Justice for All - Pro Bono
- All Michigan state courts
- United States District Courts for the Western and Eastern Districts of Michigan
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- "Taming the Beast: How to Manage Outside Counsel," ARMA. San Francisco, CA, November 2010.
- Other Way Ministries, Board Member
- Northeastern Little League Coach
- NorthPointe Christian Schools Board of Education