Varnum is pleased to welcome 12 law students to the firm’s 2023 summer associate program.
“We’re very excited to welcome this talented group of future lawyers to the firm,” said Varnum partner Tim Monsma, Chair of the firm’s Associate Recruiting Committee. “This class is one of the largest in recent years and our largest southeast Michigan group ever. It’s a direct reflection of the firm’s growth mentality across practices, industries and geographies.”
Varnum’s 2023 summer associates are:
- Cole D. Anderson, Wayne State University Law School
- Mariah E. DeHoop, Indiana University Maurer School of Law
- Brady M. Diller, Washington University School of Law
- Isaac L. Houskamp, University of Michigan Law School
- Charlotte E. Jolly, Wayne State University Law School
- Dilan J. Kama, Wayne State University Law School
- Silas M. Kok, University of Notre Dame Law School
- Kathleen Z. Lok, University of Michigan Law School
- Julia S. Moran, Michigan State University College of Law
- Grace K. Nyikes, Georgetown University Law Center
- Zachary A. Swift, University of Michigan Law School
- Alexis N. Tillery, University of Detroit Mercy School of Law
Varnum’s summer associates are based across the state in the firm’s Michigan offices. They receive assignments in various legal practices and have the opportunity to join in client meetings, court hearings, conference calls and see the firm’s attorneys in action. The experience is designed to give law students a better understanding of the firm, its various practices and client base. In addition, the students take part in networking and community projects throughout the ten-week program.