Varnum partner Brion Doyle has been named one of Michigan’s Go To Lawyers for Business Litigation by Michigan Lawyers Weekly. He was one of only 25 attorneys named to the list, which recognizes top lawyers from around the state.
Doyle was recognized for his record of success in a wide range of commercial and tort cases. Over his 19-year career, he has represented clients in matters including class action defense, automotive supply chain disputes, development and land use disputes, products liability defense, personal injury defense, commercial contract disputes, covenants not to compete, embezzlement and bank fraud actions, minority shareholder disputes and collection and creditors’ rights litigation.
Doyle is a member of the State Bar of Michigan and Grand Rapids Bar Association. He is admitted to practice in all Michigan state courts, the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan and the United States District Court for the Western District of Michigan.
Within the community, Doyle has volunteered for Access to Justice for All and served on the Board of Directors for Other Way Ministries. He has also been active as a Little League coach and is a past member of NorthPointe Christian Schools Board of Education.
Doyle graduated magna cum laude from Wayne State University Law School, where he was an editor on Wayne State Law Review and a member of Order of the Coif, an honor society for law school graduates. He earned his undergraduate degree in economics and management from Albion College, where he served on the Albion College Judicial Board.
The “Go To” Lawyers program is a relatively new recognition by Michigan Lawyers Weekly, intended to bring awareness to practitioners within a particular area of law. “Go To” lawyers are described by Michigan Lawyers Weekly as follows:
- A lawyer who is an expert in his or her field, well-versed in the nuances of the case law, statutes and regulations clients will encounter.
- A lawyer who is experienced and enjoys a record of success, with many cases and/or transactions that give testimony to the quality advice he or she can provide.
- A lawyer to whom other lawyers make referrals because of his or her expertise and accomplishments.
- A lawyer who can think creatively and identify all options for a client.
- A lawyer you would name when a friend from another state calls and says she has a client who needs some legal help in a given part of our state.
- A lawyer you might call yourself if you needed legal help in his or her field.
Doyle and other Go To Lawyers for Business Litigation honorees will be profiled in a special section in the May 22 print and digital issues of Michigan Lawyers Weekly. More about the recognition can be found here.