Agricultural Employment Compliance Guide
Your One-Stop Guide to Managing Your Workforce
Avoid DOL penalties, prevent farm worker lawsuits and survive I-9 audits. With your annual guide subscription, you will receive:
- One year of unlimited access to the online guide (print version also available).
- Access to attorney Kim Clarke via phone and email for questions.
- Guide updates and alerts as laws change.
- Farm employment forms and templates.
- Free admission to Varnum’s annual farm employment seminar.
Already a subscriber? Log in here.
About the Guide
Michigan Farm Bureau and Great Lakes Ag Labor Services, LLC have partnered with Varnum to create an easy-to-use guide for farm employers trying to keep up with sometimes overwhelmingly-complex federal and state employment laws.
The Agricultural Employment Compliance Guide provides practical information focusing on common employment law issues, such as the Migrant and Seasonal Agricultural Worker Protection Act, child labor, and work authorization matters, as well as summarizing the primary federal and state employment laws applicable to agricultural employers.
For further clarification, the guide includes frequently asked questions and links to valuable additional resources. The following topics are included in the guide:
- Employee vs. Independent Contractor
- Work Authorization – Form I-9
- Migrant & Seasonal Agriculture Worker Protection Act (MSAWPA)
- Wage & Hour
- Overtime Requirements
- Child Labor
- Minimum Wage
- H-2A Labor
- Joint Employer Liability
- Farm Labor Contractor
- Health & Safety (OSHA)
- Managing an Onsite Audit
- Good Agricultural Practices
- Employer Record Keeping and Posting Requirements
- Affordable Care Act