Scott D. Alfree Partner
Business Law Experience
Scott focuses his practice in corporate and business law with an emphasis on health care law and life sciences, including all aspects of hospital and nursing home law, third party reimbursement, public and private health care provider financing, and commercialization of physician inventions and ideas. He provides counsel on mergers and acquisitions, finance, securities, real estate development, labor relations, construction contracting and business succession planning.
Indiana University School of Law
J.D., summa cum laude, 1993
Member and Editor, Indiana Law Review
Grand Rapids, Michigan
B.A., with honors, double major in Philosophy and Psychology, 1989
- State Bar of Michigan: Corporate Law Section; Health Care Law Section
- Grand Rapids Bar Association
Scott has been active in speaking and presenting on many corporate and health care topics, including securities law issues, merger and acquisition issues, and health care compliance issues.
Recognition & Rankings
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® since 2010.
- Board chair of the West Michigan Better Business Bureau
- Board chair of Proaction Behavioral Health (formerly Project Rehab)
- Serves on the board of Bluebird Cancer Retreat
- Board member and Secretary of the Fleetwood Group, Inc.