Agricultural Employment Compliance Guide
Your One-Stop Guide to Managing Your Workforce
Avoid DOL penalties, prevent farm worker lawsuits and survive I-9 audits. With your annual guide subscription, you will receive:
*One year of unlimited access to the online guide (print version also available).
*Access to attorney Kim Clarke via phone and email for questions.
*Guide updates and alerts as laws change.
*Farm employment forms and templates.
*Free admission to Varnum's annual farm employment seminar.
The Agriculture Employment Compliance Guide includes up-to-the-minute guidance on compliance with executive orders and other regulations related to COVID-19, as well as templates for temperature testing and preparedness and response plans. Subscriptions to the guide qualify as a reimbursable COVID-19 related training expense under the Michigan Agriculture Safety Grant Program. Subscribers may apply for reimbursement for the full cost of the guide through the MEDC COVID-19 website. Grants are being provided on a first-come, first-served basis.
About the Guide
Michigan Farm Bureau and Great Lakes Ag Labor Services, LLC have partnered with Varnum to create an easy-to-use guide for farm employers trying to keep up with sometimes overwhelmingly-complex federal and state employment laws.
The Agricultural Employment Compliance Guide provides practical information focusing on common employment law issues, such as the Migrant and Seasonal Agricultural Worker Protection Act, child labor, and work authorization matters, as well as summarizing the primary federal and state employment laws applicable to agricultural employers.
For further clarification, the guide includes frequently asked questions and links to valuable additional resources. The following topics are included in the guide:
| || |
For more information, contact Hillary Wytcherley at firstname.lastname@example.org or 616/ 336-6729.
News & Publications
- Agriculture Advisory, February 1, 2021
- Agriculture Blog Post, June 18, 2018
- Agriculture Blog Post, June 15, 2018
- Agriculture Blog Post, June 13, 2018
- Agriculture Blog Post, June 8, 2018
- Agriculture Blog Post, June 4, 2018
- Agriculture Blog Post, September 22, 2017
- Agriculture Blog Post, September 11, 2017
- Agriculture Blog Post, September 5, 2017
- Agriculture Blog Post, August 29, 2017
- Agriculture Blog Post, August 25, 2017
- Agriculture Blog Post, August 21, 2017
- Immigration Advisory, July 14, 2017