The labor practice at Varnum is one of the most experienced in the Midwest in the area of traditional labor work. Varnum attorneys have worked for many years with leading companies in Michigan and throughout the country to manage their complex relationships with labor unions such as:
- International Association of Machinists
- Steel Workers
- Union of Needletrades, Industrial and Textile Employees (UNITE)
- Operating Engineers
- Service Employees International Union (SEIU)
- Michigan Nurses Association
- IUE-CWA (Electronic, electrical, machine, furniture and communication workers)
- AFSCME (American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees)
Over time, Varnum has established a strong reputation for fairness and integrity with the leadership of these organizations. Whether at the bargaining table or at a grievance hearing, that reputation enables Varnum attorneys to be very effective in representing an employer's interests.
Varnum attorneys have also worked to establish strong working relationships with courts and regulatory authorities (such as the NLRB) that oversee labor relations. In fact, two of our partners were recently considered for presidential appointment to the NLRB's highest decision-making body.
Working relationships with these agencies based on mutual respect can be as important as knowledge of the law in assuring that Varnum clients receive a fair hearing.
For more information, please contact either your Varnum attorney, or Dave Khorey at 616/336-6618 or firstname.lastname@example.org
News & Publications
- Labor and Employment Advisory, December 19, 2017
- Labor and Employment Advisory, November 17, 2016
- Automotive Blog Post, August 1, 2016
- Labor and Employment Advisory, June 28, 2016
- Labor and Employment Advisory, June 27, 2014
- Labor and Employment Blog Post, February 10, 2014
- Labor and Employment Blog Post, January 20, 2014
- Labor and Employment Blog Post, December 4, 2013
- Labor and Employment Advisory, July 17, 2009
- Labor and Employment Advisory, April 7, 2009