Uniform Commercial Code
Varnum attorneys serve our business clients' needs in complex transactions governed by the Uniform Commercial Code. Although we have broad experience in all aspects of the UCC, our work tends to focus primarily on Article 2 (Sales of Goods) and Article 9 (Secure Transactions).
As to Article 2, we have experience in all facets of commercial sales, including drafting of purchase orders, quotes and acknowledgments to protect the rights of buyers and sellers respectively. We also have an extensive practice in the secure transactions area governed by Article 9.
For more information, please contact either your Varnum attorney, or Mike Mc Elwee at 616/336-6827 or email@example.com
Commercial and UCC Litigation
The lawyers in the commercial section of the trial team at Varnum have litigated a broad spectrum of commercial disputes. The firm has a high degree of specialized knowledge and experience in all of the traditional areas of commercial litigation, as well as in many unique areas of commercial law. Examples include:
- Breach of warranty cases between commercial parties, including cases involving automotive parts suppliers at all levels (from the Big Three to Tier 1 and below), top-tier furniture manufacturers and hundreds of other large and small companies
- Commercial contract litigation matters (including sales-of-goods cases) involving issues such as contract formation, the enforceability of "output" and "requirements" obligations, "just-in-time" components and nearly every other issue that can arise under the Uniform Commercial Code sections governing sales
- Adversary proceedings in bankruptcy, including preference cases, non-dischargeability cases and cases involving fraudulent conveyances
- Banking litigation, including the rights and remedies of parties to routine bank transactions (forged endorsement cases), Equal Credit Opportunity Act cases (the enforceability of "spousal" guaranties), litigation over letters of credit and debtor/creditor rights
- Commercial lease litigation under Article 2A of the Uniform Commercial Code
News & Publications
- Coronavirus and Global Supply: Contractual Protections Can Be a Remedy to the Symptoms from Unhealthy Supply ChainsBusiness Law Advisory, February 20, 2020