American Indian Business and Development
Many tribes are working to create and grow sustainable economies in Indian Country that provide jobs and economic activity for their people. We welcome the opportunity to assist with the following legal services:
- Acquisitions of existing businesses.
- Development agreements with business partners.
- New Market Tax Credit financing, creation of Community Development Entities (CDEs), set-up of investment infrastructure and guidance on program compliance.
- Business incubators, startups and development for tribes and tribal members.
- Gaming matters, including RFPs and selection of gaming partners, joint venture, co-development and management agreements with gaming partners, National Indian Gaming Commission (NIGC) approvals and matters, state compacts, contractor and vendor arrangements, local revenue-sharing arrangements, and casino-financing agreements and arrangements, including private placements, bond financings and public offerings.
- Joint ventures with non-Indian business partners and related Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) planning.
- Mining and mineral development and excavation in Indian Country.
- Oil and gas exploration, development and distribution in Indian Country.
- Real estate issues in Indian Country.
- Risk analysis and management.
- Lobbying and public relations at the local, state and federal level.
News & Publications
- August 28, 2012
- American Indian Law Advisory, August 28, 2012