Minority and Women-Owned Business Enterprise
Government and big business are increasingly requiring first-tier suppliers to show that they draw on a diverse supply base. The result is a heightened role for certified small, minority-owned or woman-owned businesses in the U.S. economy.
Varnum is a local leader in the formation and certification of these businesses. We have helped dozens of suppliers to the government and to the automotive, office furniture and transportation industries obtain and maintain their desired designation or certification—Small Business Enterprise (SBE), Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) or Women Business Enterprise (WBE).
Our specialty is giving practical advice on the issues examined by certifying bodies such as:
- Federal Small Business Administration
- Federal and state administrative agencies
- Local minority purchasing councils affiliated with the National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC) and Michigan Minority Business Development Council (MMBDC)
We also provide counsel on the formation, structure and financing of startup entities, joint ventures and strategic alliances. You have the vision; Varnum can help you achieve it.
News & Publications
- Startup Advisory, January 30, 2017
- Business Law Advisory, February 3, 2011