International Business Law
The international business law practice at Varnum is uniquely suited to serve the varied interests of the firm's clients. Drawing on the multidisciplinary experience of attorneys specializing in corporate, tax and intellectual property law, many of the firm's attorneys understand the intricacies of international business transactions and apply that knowledge to help clients resolve complex legal matters efficiently and cost effectively.
The practice is rooted in an appreciation of the structure of foreign laws, sensitivity to cultural and communication differences, and awareness of changing trade and business environments.
Clients facing challenges or opportunities in global markets count on us to connect them with local representation in foreign jurisdictions that will provide the high quality service and responsiveness they experience with Varnum. Through our membership in Ally Law, a prestigious network of business-oriented law firms, our clients have access to swift and effective legal advice in 41-plus countries. With Ally Law's 61-plus member firms, international work can easily be coordinated by Varnum, or if it best suits a client's needs, the client can directly work with an Ally Law member firm. In addition, Ally Law members share best practices in the areas of technology, process improvement and client service. Quality evaluations are ongoing to ensure that client satisfaction remains high.
In addition to Ally Law, Varnum's close affiliation with numerous professional associations and practicing attorneys worldwide ensures we remain in the forefront of developments in the international business community.
Varnum conducts seminars and symposiums, while maintaining a comprehensive library of resource materials to better serve client needs. Varnum provides counsel and representation in areas such as:
- Commercial contracts
- Agent and distributor marketing and sales agreements
- Patent, trademark and technology licensing
- Joint ventures and strategic alliances
- Foreign acquisitions
- Immigration and visa processing
- Import and export planning
For more information, please contact either your Varnum attorney, or Harvey Koning at 616/336-6588 or firstname.lastname@example.org
News & Publications
- November 6, 2020
- November 5, 2019
- U.S. News & World Report – Best Lawyers® Ranks Varnum in more than 40 Practice Areas in Latest "Best Law Firms" ListNovember 22, 2016
- March 22, 2016
- July 11, 2014
- Labor and Employment Advisory, February 25, 2020
- Coronavirus and Global Supply: Contractual Protections Can Be a Remedy to the Symptoms from Unhealthy Supply ChainsBusiness Law Advisory, February 20, 2020
- Business Law Advisory, January 17, 2020
- Law360: Expert Analysis, November 21, 2019
- Business Law Advisory, November 12, 2019
- Business Law Advisory, June 25, 2019
- Business Law Advisory, May 23, 2019
- Business Law Blog Post, August 6, 2018
- Business Law Blog Post, March 26, 2018