Varnum is a full-service creditors' rights law firm. We provide efficient, aggressive, professional representation for our clients. The creditors' rights attorneys at Varnum focus on this area of the law and are committed to providing the finest quality legal services to our clients with the highest integrity.
For more information, please contact either your Varnum attorney, or Michael Mc Elwee at 616/36-6827 or email@example.com
Varnum represents a diverse range of clients in collection proceedings, including businesses, banks, credit unions, medical services providers, governmental entities, educational institutions and many others. We handle all aspects of the collection process, including skip tracing, demand for payment, legal action, enforcement of judgments, asset location and bankruptcy assistance.
Varnum is able to represent clients anywhere in the state of Michigan and, with our association of attorneys around the world through Ally Law, we can handle all collection needs on behalf of our clients, nationally and internationally.
Fees are established on a contingent or hourly basis and are flexible to meet the needs of each client.
Varnum represents numerous landlords in West Michigan. Our lawyers and staff are experienced, efficient and aggressive in representing landlords who require assistance with delinquent tenants.
Varnum handles all aspects of the eviction process, including preparation of the complaint, summons, judgment and writ of restitution. We are also skilled in all phases of the hearing process, including post-judgment proceedings, appeals and bankruptcy.
Our fees are flexible and designed to meet the needs of the client. Many eviction cases are handled on a flat fee basis.
Varnum represents creditors in bankruptcy cases, preparing proofs of claim, motions for lift of stay, reaffirmation agreements and objections to confirmation. Because we represent bankruptcy trustees and, occasionally, debtors, we are able to offer advice and practical solutions for our clients. We also handle more complex bankruptcy matters, such as objections to discharge, preference defense and bankruptcy litigation.
Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and Fair Credit Reporting Act Defense
The requirements of the federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) and Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) are complex. We offer advice and assistance on the requirements of these laws, including document and compliance review. We also represent clients who must defend lawsuits filed under FDCPA and FCRA.
Varnum represents clients in civil lawsuits in all federal and state courts throughout Michigan.
Varnum also provides representation and advice in the following areas of creditors' rights law:
- Mortgage foreclosure
- Land contract forfeiture
- Child support
- Advice to employers on garnishments, withholding orders and payroll issues
News & Publications
- September 27, 2017
- U.S. News & World Report – Best Lawyers Gives Varnum Tier 1 Ranking in more than 30 Practice Areas in "Best Law Firms"November 4, 2015
- November 10, 2014
- October 10, 2014
- November 8, 2012
- February 23, 2012
- December 8, 2008
- Creditors' Rights Blog Post, September 28, 2015
- Creditors' Rights Blog Post, December 19, 2013
- Creditors' Rights Blog Post, November 5, 2013
- Creditors' Rights Blog Post, November 1, 2013
- Creditors' Rights Blog Post, October 9, 2013
- Creditors' Rights Blog Post, August 16, 2013
- Creditors' Rights Blog Post, April 4, 2013
- Creditors' Rights Blog Post, March 4, 2013
- Creditors' Rights Advisory, May 30, 2012
- Creditors' Rights Advisory, February 27, 2012
- Creditors' Rights Advisory, April 14, 2011
- Creditors' Rights Blog Post, June 25, 2009