Industry, contracting and product knowledge are at the heart of our relationship with our clients. Varnum lawyers have tremendous experience guiding manufacturers through their legal issues in ways that support their current goals and future opportunities.
We represent hundreds of manufacturers operating across the United States and more than a dozen international locations on matters related to compliance, supply chain management, global sourcing, employment, tax and intellectual property. Our client base is diverse, including automotive suppliers, parts manufacturers, foundries, food processors, medical equipment and industrial machinery. Whether dealing with labor negotiations, contractual matters or compliance with state or federal regulations, clients count on Varnum for the right mix of legal experience to stay competitive.
As a full service law firm with deep multidisciplinary bench strength, we regularly provide trusted legal counsel for manufacturers in sophisticated areas of the law, including:
- Corporate—antitrust and trade regulations, contractual relations, business and finance services
- Employee benefits—pension and retirement plans, ERISA matters, profit sharing, ESOPs
- Environmental—air quality, land use permitting, regulatory compliance, waste management, water law
- Finance—equity financings, venture capital, private equity, mezzanine financing, angel investment, bank loans
- Immigration—visas, employment-based permanent residence applications, dealings with INS regional service centers and district offices
- Intellectual property—patents, trademarks, copyrights, licensing trade secrets, unfair competition, technology transfers
- International trade—import/export concerns, cross border supply chain questions, foreign agreements, joint ventures, patent licensing
- Labor and employment—employment litigation defense, union negotiation and grievances, wage and hour matters, workers’ compensation
- Litigation—commercial matters, intellectual property, environmental, real estate, product liability, internal investigations, etc.
- Mergers and acquisitions—corporate asset/stock purchases and divestitures, mergers, tax-free reorganizations, joint ventures
- Real estate—acquisitions, land use, development, zoning, commercial and industrial leasing, licensing, financing
- Tax—corporate mergers, reorganizations, tax-exempt status, assessment, abatement
News & Publications
- Business Law Advisory, May 7, 2020