Business Law Attorney
Seth leads the Business and Corporate Services Practice Team. He is experienced in business representation, planning and counseling. He focuses on mergers and acquisitions, as well as private equity, securities, distressed asset and restructuring, and commercial transactions. Seth also advises clients with respect to corporate governance, regulatory and other general corporate matters.
For more information, please contact Seth Ashby at 616/336-6726 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Represented the selling shareholders of a Tier 1 supplier of intelligent components and assemblies serving the automotive infotainment connectively sector to a worldwide manufacturer of electrical and interconnect systems, specialty cables and sensors.
Represented a privately-owned maker of luxury wool carpets for the architectural design trade in its recapitalization involving a sale of assets to a Chicago-based private equity firm. The deal also included rollover investment by the client company owners.
Recapitalization, led by management equity rollover, of leading insurance broker in 2016 ($2.9 billion enterprise value), and follow-on investment to refinance its senior preferred stock in 2018 ($7 billion enterprise value).
Several hundred roll-up acquisitions for leading insurance broker since 2013 throughout North America and Europe.
Sale of equity, with management rollover, in contract manufacturer for the medical device and biotechnology industries to financial buyer ($37 million).
Acquisition of designer and installer of customized in-store environments on behalf of publicly traded company ($162.5 million).
Acquisition of financially distressed produce broker and apple packer on behalf of financial buyer ($20 million).
Sale of operating subsidiary of publicly traded company ($60 million).
Acquisition of textiles designer on behalf of publicly traded company ($150 million).
Liquidation of complex farming operation through series of Section 363 sales in Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
Honors & Recognitions
Leader’s Edge© Executive Report, (a publication of the CIAB) major player in M&A since 2016
Michigan Super Lawyers®, Rising Star since 2012
Association for Corporate Growth, Western Michigan
Catholic Lawyers Association of West Michigan
Grand Rapids Bar Association
State Bar of Michigan
HELP Pregnancy Crisis Aid, Inc., Board of Directors
St. Isidore Parish, Finance Council, chair
Gilda’s Club of Grand Rapids and Gilda’s LaughFest, Board of Directors, 2009 - 2018
News & Publications
- MiBiz, June 9, 2020
- MiBiz, June 7, 2020
- WWD, April 13, 2020
- September 20, 2019
- December 21, 2018
- September 10, 2018
- September 6, 2017
- September 12, 2016
- May 12, 2016
- November 18, 2015
- September 3, 2014
- September 6, 2013
- November 30, 2011
- March 14, 2011
- Startup Advisory, November 18, 2020
- Business Law Advisory, November 16, 2020
- Federal Reserve Announces Changes to MSLP, Including Lower Minimum Loans and Clarification for PPP BorrowersBusiness Law Advisory, October 30, 2020
- COVID-19 Legislation & Requirements for Michigan Employers Following Michigan Supreme Court's Ruling Against Governor WhitmerBusiness Law Advisory, October 15, 2020
- Business Law Advisory, October 6, 2020
- Public Finance Advisory, October 6, 2020
- Business Law Advisory , October 5, 2020
- Startup Advisory, August 31, 2020
- Business Law Advisory, July 27, 2020
- Business Law Advisory, June 15, 2020
- Business Law Advisory, June 8, 2020
- Business Law Advisory, May 21, 2020
- Business Law Advisory, May 18, 2020
- Business Law Advisory, May 11, 2020
- Business Law Advisory, May 7, 2020
- Business Law Advisory, April 30, 2020
- Business Law Advisory, April 29, 2020
- Business Law Advisory, April 9, 2020
- Business Law Advisory, March 30, 2020
- Business Law Advisory, March 27, 2020
- Business Law Advisory, March 25, 2020
- Startup Advisory, February 26, 2020
- Startup Blog Post, November 13, 2015
- Startup Blog Post, January 23, 2014
- Startup Blog Post, September 24, 2013
- Startup Blog Post, April 5, 2012
- September 28, 2010
University of Illinois College of Law
J.D., magna cum laude, 2005
University of Illinois Law Review, Symposium editor
Western Michigan University
B.A., summa cum laude, Music, 2001
- All Michigan state courts