Paul is an associate in Varnum’s Litigation and Trial Practice, where he represents clients in a variety of disputes and privacy matters, as well as regulatory matters impacting the cannabis industry.
Since joining Varnum, Paul has both brought and defended actions that span contracts, toxic torts, personal injury, and environmental law. He has particular experience representing auto suppliers and cannabis companies in complex commercial disputes. He also serves as a key member of the firm's PFAS team in the sensitive and high-profile PFAS litigation that has garnered media attention throughout the state and country. Paul's broad litigation practice has led to a vast understanding of e-Discovery, particularly in response to subpoenas from government agencies like the SEC, the FTC, and the DOJ.
Paul also advises companies in the cannabis industry—from advising on local requirements for eventual licensing under Michigan’s Medical and Recreational Cannabis statutes to national requirements for use of CBD products in compliance with the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
Paul was recently named by Best Lawyers® as one of the 2021 Grand Rapids "Ones to Watch," a designation given to attorneys who are earlier in their careers in recognition of their outstanding professional excellence in private practice.
For more information, please contact Paul Albarran at 616/336-6372 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Honors & Recognitions
Best Lawyers in America®, Ones to Watch, Communications Law, 2021
State Bar of Michigan
The First Tee of West Michigan, Board member
WMEAC, Board member
News & Publications
- Varnum Attorneys Serve as Editors of Michigan Chapter of US Privacy Profiles for Bloomberg Law ManualJune 10, 2021
- September 22, 2020
- November 7, 2019
- October 16, 2019
- November 15, 2017
- Cannabis Advisory, October 9, 2020
- Securing Growth in a Time of Uncertainty: Michigan Formally Launches Office of Future Mobility and ElectrificationAutomotive Advisory, July 7, 2020
- Cannabis Advisory, March 25, 2020
- Automotive Blog Post, September 27, 2016
- Michigan Court of Appeals, Honorable Patrick M. Meter
- Michigan Supreme Court, Honorable Mary Beth Kelly
University of Notre Dame Law School
Notre Dame, Indiana
- All Michigan state courts
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- United States District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- Spanish (professional working proficiency)