Employee Benefits Paralegal
Kristy focuses her Employee Benefits practice on retirement plans. In addition to drafting plans, she submits plans to IRS for opinion and determination letters, and submits plans to IRS under the Voluntary Compliance Program and to the U.S. Department of Labor under the Voluntary Fiduciary Correction Program.
Her experience also includes drafting plan amendments, consent resolutions, Summary Plan Descriptions, Summaries of Material Modifications, 204(h) Notices, and plan administrative forms. Kristy answers client questions about plan administration and assists with legal research. She also reviews and drafts qualified domestic relations orders and related documents, and she assists with employee benefits issues in corporate mergers and acquisitions.
State Bar of Michigan, affiliate member: Paralegal/Legal Assistants Section, Taxation Section
El Puente School, co-founder
El Puente at Zeeland Christian School, former Board member
Kids Hope USA, mentor
News & Publications
- Employee Benefits Advisory, November 1, 2018
- Employee Benefits Advisory, October 23, 2017
- Employee Benefits Advisory, October 27, 2016
- Employee Benefits Advisory, August 23, 2016
- Employee Benefits Advisory, October 21, 2015
- Employee Benefits Advisory, October 23, 2014
- Employee Benefits Advisory, October 31, 2013
Grand Rapids, Michigan