Real Estate Attorney
John is a member of Varnum's Real Estate Practice Team. He regularly assists clients with real estate sales and acquisitions, commercial leasing matters on behalf of both landlords and tenants, and real estate financing transactions. He is also involved in the public finance area, assisting on various matters as bond counsel, underwriter's counsel and issuer's counsel.
For more information, please contact John Sturgis at 616/336-6244 or email@example.com
- Prepared and negotiated multiple leases on behalf of statewide hospital system as both tenant and landlord.
- Negotiated $2 million annual office lease on behalf of large insurance brokerage client.
- Drafted documents and coordinated the closing of a $20 million shopping center sale involving the assumption of existing financing.
- Assisted as bank counsel in annual Public School Academy State Aid Revenue Notes program.
Grand Rapids Bar Association
National Association of Bond Lawyers
State Bar of Michigan
News & Publications
- December 3, 2014
John W. Sturgis VII, Help! I Need Somebody! (Or Do I?): A Discussion of Community Caretaking and "Assistance Seizures" Under Iowa Law, 99 Iowa L. Rev 1841 (2014), cited by the Iowa Supreme Court in State v. Coffman, 914 N.W.2d 240, 258 (Iowa 2018)
- BCBSM Litigation Updates, July 21, 2015
- Real Estate Blog Post, May 26, 2015
- Agriculture Blog Post, March 6, 2015
- Agriculture Blog Post, February 27, 2015
- Agriculture Blog Post, February 4, 2015
- Agriculture Blog Post, December 19, 2014
- Agriculture Blog Post, December 17, 2014
- Agriculture Blog Post, December 15, 2014
- Agriculture Blog Post, December 12, 2014
- BCBSM Litigation Updates, November 3, 2014
- BCBSM Litigation Updates, June 23, 2014
University of Iowa College of Law
Iowa City, Iowa
J.D., summa cum laude, 2014
Order of the Coif
Iowa Law Review, Vol. 99, Managing Editor
University of Michigan
Ann Arbor, Michigan
B.A., cum laude, 2011
James B. Angell Scholar
- All Michigan state courts