Michigan's Phased Reopening Continues: Further Easing under Executive Order 2020-115
On June 5, 2020 Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer issued Executive Order 2020-115 (the Order) which provides additional guidance for individuals and business as Michigan continues to reopen from coronavirus-related shutdowns. Specifically, the Order provides for the following:
- Personal care services — including hair and nail salons, spas, and massage, tattoo and tanning services — may reopen beginning June 10, 2020 in Regions 6 and 8 (described below), and may reopen across the state beginning June 15, 2020.
- Beginning June 10, Regions 6 and 8 (i.e., the Upper Peninsula and the northern Lower Peninsula) will move to Phase 5 of the governor's MI Safe Start Plan. As such, those regions will be subject to the following restrictions:
- Social gatherings among persons not part of the same household are permitted to the extent that persons maintain six feet of distance from one another. If the gathering is indoors, it may not exceed 50 people and if outdoors, the gathering may not exceed 250 people.
- Entertainment and amusement businesses in these regions, including arcades, bowling alleys, movie theatres, concert spaces, stadiums or similar venues may reopen subject to maximum capacity restrictions.
- Work that can be performed remotely should be performed remotely. (Note this is distinct from the rule for the remainder of the state, which is that such work must be performed remotely.)
- Former rules governing the remaining regions of the state are still in place pursuant to Executive Order 2020-110
- Any business or operation requiring its employees to leave their home or place of residence for work is subject to the rules and safeguards found in Executive Order 2020-114, which generally updates industry safety practices and requirements from Executive Order 2020-97, and provides new safeguards for business and operations that may now open under the Order.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Labor and Employment Advisory, June 24, 2021
- Agriculture Advisory, June 23, 2021
- Labor and Employment Advisory, June 2, 2021