American Farm Bureau Federation Establishes Goals for Farm Bill
The American Farm Bureau Federation (AFBF) has outlined the organization’s key objectives for the 2018 Farm Bill. It recently relayed goals and recommendations to congressional leaders in advance of the upcoming farm bill debate. Specifically, as reported by Michigan Farm News, these goals are to:
- Protect current farm bill spending;
- Maintain a unified farm bill that includes nutrition programs and farm programs together;
- Ensure any changes to current farm legislation be an amendment to the Agricultural Adjustment Act of 1938 or the Agricultural Act of 1949;
- Prioritize our top funding concerns (risk management tools, which include both federal crop insurance and Title I commodity programs); and
- Ensure programs are compliant with World Trade Organization agreements.