White Elected to Join College of Labor & Employment Lawyers
Varnum's Labor and Employment Practice Group Chair John Patrick White was recently admitted as a fellow of the prestigious College of Labor & Employment Lawyers.
The College of Labor and Employment Lawyers is a free-standing organization that recognizes attorneys who, by long and outstanding service, have distinguished themselves as leaders in the field. The College was established in 1995 through an initiative of the Council of the Section of Labor and Employment Law of the American Bar Association.
Fellows are chosen for exemplifying the following qualifications:
- The highest professional and ethical standards based on the College's acclaimed Principles of Civility and Professionalism
- The highest level of character, integrity, professional expertise and leadership
- A commitment to fostering and furthering the objectives of the College
- Sustained, exceptionally high-quality services to clients, bar, bench and public
- Significant evidence of scholarship, teaching, lecturing and/or published writings on Labor and Employment Law
White's career with Varnum has spanned over 30 years. His practice focuses on representation of management in labor and employment relations and related litigation, for both public and private employers.
White is involved with numerous professional organizations including the Grand Rapids Bar Association, the State Bar of Michigan, the American Bar Association, the Michigan Association of School Boards – Council of School Attorneys, the National Association of College and University Attorneys. U.S. News – Best Lawyers recognized White as a "Lawyer of the Year" in 2012 for Employment Law/Management for the Grand Rapids area and he has been listed in the Best Lawyers in America® since 2005.