Varnum Attorneys Receive Special Recognition by Best Lawyers®
Each year, The Best Lawyers in America® recognizes a “Lawyer of the Year” for each of the legal practice areas for which it rates attorneys. For 2018, ten Varnum attorneys have been recognized as "Lawyer of the Year" in their respective areas of practice.
Only a single lawyer in each practice area and designated metropolitan area is honored as the “Lawyer of the Year,” making this accolade particularly significant.
Varnum attorneys who have been recognized by their peers as "Lawyer of the Year" for 2018 are:
- Mark S. Allard: Litigation-ERISA, Grand Rapids
- Jeffrey A. DeVree: Tax Law, Grand Rapids
- William A. Dornbos: Real Estate Law, Kalamazoo
- Timothy E. Eagle: Trademark Law, Grand Rapids
- Richard T. Hewlett: Litigation-Construction, Ann Arbor
- Kaplin S. Jones: Business Organization (including LLCs and Partnerships), Grand Rapids
- Randall W. Kraker: Land Use and Zoning Law, Grand Rapids
- Paul L. B. McKenney: Tax Law, Ann Arbor
- Bonnie Y. Sawusch: Personal Injury Litigation-Plaintiffs, Kalamazoo
- Elizabeth Wells Skaggs: Litigation-Labor and Employment, Grand Rapids
Best Lawyers® began designating Lawyers of the Year in the U.S. in high-profile legal practice areas in 2009.
According to Best Lawyers®: "Lawyers being honored as 'Lawyer of the Year' are selected based on particularly impressive voting averages received during the exhaustive peer-review assessments we conduct with thousands of leading lawyers each year. Receiving this designation reflects the high level of respect a lawyer has earned among other leading lawyers in the same communities and the same practice areas for their abilities, their professionalism, and their integrity."