Varnum Attorneys Receive "Lawyer of the Year" Recognition for 2016
A total of 11 Varnum attorneys have been recognized as "Lawyer of the Year" in their respective areas of practice in the 2016 edition of The Best Lawyers in America®.
According to Best Lawyers®: "Only a single lawyer in each practice area and designated metropolitan area is honored as the “Lawyer of the Year,” making this accolade particularly significant.
"Lawyers being honored as 'Lawyer of the Year' are selected based on particularly impressive voting averages received during the exhaustive peer-review assessments we conduct with thousands of leading lawyers each year. Receiving this designation reflects the high level of respect a lawyer has earned among other leading lawyers in the same communities and the same practice areas for their abilities, their professionalism, and their integrity."
Varnum attorneys who have been recognized by their peers as "Lawyer of the Year" for 2016 are:
Metro Detroit (Ann Arbor)
- Richard T. Hewlett: Litigation - Construction
- Richard A. Hooker: Labor Law - Management
- Paul L.B. McKenney: Tax Law
- Mark Allard: Litigation - ERISA
- Jeffrey A. DeVree: Tax Law
- David E. Khorey: Labor Law - Management
- Randall W. Kraker (2 designations): Land Use and Zoning Law, Litigation - Municipal
- Lawrence J. Murphy: Litigation - Labor and Employment
- John Patrick White: Employment Law - Management
- William A. Dornbos: Real Estate Law
- Bonnie Y. Sawusch: Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
Best Lawyers® began designating “Lawyers of the Year” in the U.S. in high-profile legal practice areas in 2009.
"We continue to believe — as we have believed for over 30 years — that recognition by one’s peers is the most meaningful form of praise in the legal profession. The Editors of Best Lawyers would like to congratulate all of the lawyers who have been selected as “Lawyers of the Year” for 2016."