Varnum Attorneys Named 2018 Top Lawyers in Metro Detroit
Five Varnum attorneys based in Metro Detroit were recently named to DBusiness Magazine’s Top Lawyers for 2018.
Top Lawyers are determined based on a peer nomination and balloting process involving attorneys in five southeast Michigan counties. The complete list of Top Lawyers will be published in the November/December issue of DBusiness.
Varnum attorneys honored as Top Lawyers for 2018 include:
- Tom Bergh (Novi), an estate planner who focuses on protecting client wealth, closely-held businesses, and families from taxes, post-mortem chaos and expense, and unnecessary complexity.
- Eric Nemeth (Novi), who focuses on tax and financial controversy including examinations, appellate conferences, criminal investigations, witness representation and civil and criminal tax litigation.
- Julia Perkins (Novi), a family law attorney who represents clients in divorce, child custody, child support and parenting time matters. Julia has unique experience with international custody cases.
- Brendan Best (Detroit), who focuses on workouts and bankruptcies, representing clients in Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases, out-of-court workouts, distressed restructuring transactions and general insolvencies.
- Rich Hewlett (Novi), who focuses on construction law and litigation, business litigation, commercial matters and sports law. He assists clients with business and contract matters and disputes.
Since 2006, DBusiness Magazine has produced the annual list of Top Lawyers by asking attorneys in Wayne, Oakland, Macomb, Livingston and Washtenaw counties to nominate their peers in 53 categories. Approximately 18,000 attorneys vote to determine Top Lawyers for the coming year.