Oil Spill Informational Meetings
- Wednesday, August 11 and Thursday, August 12
- Wednesday: Marshall Activity Center, Marshall or Thursday: WMU Kendall Center, Battle Creek
Varnum is holding two informational meetings for property owners affected by the recent oil spill in the Kalamazoo River. Residents affected by the spill may want to attend one of these informational meetings. Varnum attorneys will present information including:
- What impact could the spill have on property values, business and health?
- What should residents affected by the spill be doing to document damage to real property, personal property, lost business, and health concerns?
- Should property owners allow access to their property over the coming weeks and months? And on what terms and conditions?
- How and when should residents affected by the spill pursue recovery of damages?
Two informational meetings are scheduled:
Marshall Activity Center
Conference Room #1
15325 W. Michigan Ave.,
Western Michigan University - Kendall Center
50 West Jackson Street
Battle Creek, MI
Attendance at these meetings does not create an attorney-client relationship. These meetings are not intended as a substitute for legal advice. No attorney will solicit business or schedule appointments at this time.