Energy Attorney Bruce Goodman Elected to Energy Innovators Business Council
Varnum attorney Bruce Goodman was recently elected secretary to the Michigan Energy Innovators Business Council (MiEIBC), a state-wide organization dedicated to accelerating the growth of Michigan's advanced energy sector.
MiEIBC, formed in 2012, is made up of Michigan companies and businesses at the forefront of the new energy economy. Its goal is to accelerate the growth of Michigan's advanced energy sector and create partnerships to expand business opportunities. Members are engaged in clean energy manufacturing and other areas of new energy initiatives in order to create opportunities and jobs in Michigan.
Goodman practiced environmental law for more than 20 years before turning his focus to the advanced energy industry. In addition to his law practice, he has been a strong advocate for energy manufacturers in Michigan, organizing and convening the West Michigan Bio Energy Consortium, the West Michigan Wind Manufacturing Network, and the West Michigan Solar Supply Chain.
Goodman is one of 13 individuals elected to the EIBC board. The complete roster includes:
- Roger Cope – Chairman, Astraeus Wind Energy - Chairman of the Mi-EIBC Board of Directors
- Lauren Bigelow – President, Growth Capital Network
- Anand Gangadharan – President, Novi Energy
- Amanda Godward – President, Ecotelligent Homes
- Jeff Metts – President, Dowding Industries
- James Moran – President, Advanced Energy Group
- Seth Roberts – Director of Energy and Climate Change, The Dow Chemical Company
- David Simon – President, TOGGLED
- Ann Marie Sastry – President, Sakti3
- Rachel Tronstein – Principal, First Energy Finance
- Rich VanderVeen – President, Wind Resource LLC
- Scott Viciana – Vice President of Business Development, Ventower Industries
- Bruce Goodman – Partner, Varnum LLP – Secretary to the Mi-EIBC Board of Directors
“The Board of Directors elected by the membership represents the full spectrum of advanced energy companies in Michigan, and positions the Michigan Energy Innovation Business Council as the business voice of advanced energy in Michigan,” said Mi-EIBC President Dan Scripps. “From global leaders like The Dow Chemical Company to start-ups like TOGGLED and Sakti3, and companies in the wind, solar, bioenergy, geothermal, energy storage and energy efficiency businesses, board members bring a rich mix of backgrounds and perspectives to guide Mi-EIBC’s continued growth and development.”
More information about EIBC can be found at their website, www.mieibc.org