David Khorey Selected to Join College of Labor & Employment Lawyers
Varnum Partner David Khorey is one of four Michigan attorneys to become a newly-elected fellow of the prestigious College of Labor and Employment Lawyers.
The College of Labor and Employment Lawyers is a free-standing organization that recognizes attorneys who, by long and outstanding service, have distinguished themselves as leaders in the field. The College was established in 1995 through an initiative of the Council of the Section of Labor and Employment Law of the American Bar Association.
Fellows are chosen for exemplifying the following qualifications:
- The highest professional and ethical standards based on the College's acclaimed Principles of Civility and Professionalism
- The highest level of character, integrity, professional expertise and leadership
- A commitment to fostering and furthering the objectives of the College
- Sustained, exceptionally high-quality services to clients, bar, bench and public
- Significant evidence of scholarship, teaching, lecturing and/or published writings on Labor and Employment Law
Over the past 27 years, Khorey has cultivated a client-centered practice focused on complex labor and employment matters. He represents employers in a number of industries across the nation, including automotive, health care and transportation.
Khorey has been listed in The Best Lawyers in America® since 2001 and has also been recognized by Chambers USA as an excellent employment law counselor. He obtained his bachelor degree from the University of Notre Dame and his J.D. from Vanderbilt University Law School.
Khorey is an active member of the legal community. He serves on the American Bar Association's Section of Labor and Employment Law Subcommittee on Development of Law under the National Labor Relations Act, is a member and former chair of the State Bar of Michigan's Labor Relation Law Section as well as the Grand Rapids Bar Association's Labor and Employment Law Section.
Khorey is the immediate past president of the East Grand Rapids Schools Foundation and a member of Faith Hospice's Board of Directors.