Varnum LLP seeks a full-time marketing specialist to contribute to the firm's Marketing and Business Development team. Strong candidates will offer a demonstrated experience and an understanding of corporate and B2B marketing, event planning, social media and public relations best practices.
This is a multi-faceted role that is suited for marketing professionals that have a strong interest in corporate events, business development and branding.
- Leading events from development through execution and analysis, including managing invitation lists and responses, and conducting post-event follow up.
- Contributing to social media and website strategy to advance business development initiatives.
- Assisting with the implementation of projects, events/programs, activities and processes to support marketing strategies.
- Assisting with drafting, editing, proofreading and formatting a variety of marketing materials.
- Working with department members to create, format and send invitations, announcements, newsletters, etc. to our clients and prospects using our internal database system.
- Interacting with attorneys, professional and creative staff, and external consultants.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 3+ years marketing and/or event management experience.
- Comfort with fast-paced, high standards of service and responsiveness in an ever-changing environment.
- Experience with social media and email marketing platforms.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for various internal and external audiences.
- Strong organizational skills, proactive, innovative and forward thinking.
- Strong creative instincts and sound business judgment.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment, often with short timeframes.
- Credibility to influence internal clients in a consultative way; ability to navigate in a professional services environment, helping to anticipate needs and achieve desirable results.
We offer a collegial, professional environment, excellent benefits and a salary commensurate with experience. Varnum is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Please email cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com