Varnum LLP has a full-time opening for an experienced legal assistant in our Grand Rapids office, working in the Corporate Practice Team. We are seeking a candidate who is extremely organized, with keen attention to detail and a superb commitment to client service, who can work independently, as well as part of a team.
- 2+ years' experience as a legal assistant or experience in a law firm
- Bachelor’s degree in legal studies or related field preferred
- Advanced skills in MS Office Products (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Proficiency with Power Point, Adobe, FileSite and/or other document management system preferred
- Ability to type 60+ wpm with a high degree of accuracy
- Willingness to adapt to and learn new technology, software programs and upgrades
- Excellent grammar, proofreading, transcription and organizational skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with attorneys and staff members
- Ability to communicate and handle stressful situations in a professional, calm, courteous manner
- Willingness to work in a team-oriented service environment and provide excellent service
- Ability to problem-solve and arrange workload in order of importance to meet deadlines
- Exhibit a desire to be a team player by demonstrating willingness to undertake additional responsibilities and assist others
Please send cover letter and resume including salary expectations to email@example.com.