Human Resources Generalist
Varnum LLP is seeking to add a human resources professional to our team. This position, located in Southeast Michigan, will support HR functions in our Novi, Detroit, Ann Arbor, Birmingham and Lansing offices, partnering with the corporate office HR team in Grand Rapids. Regular travel to our southeast regional offices is required.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Place advertisements, screen/interview candidates, conduct reference checks, draft offer letters, etc., regarding recruiting.
- Assist with onboarding/off-boarding.
- Oversee weekly staffing schedule, and resolve issues of workflow and coverage.
- Resolve employee relations issues.
- Act as the main point of contact for employees’ queries on HR-related topics.
- Establish and maintain long-term working relationships with staff/attorneys to ensure employee satisfaction and retention.
- Exercise care and discretion with confidential and sensitive materials.
- Assist with special projects, initiatives, firm events and programs.
- Collaborate with other HR team members to balance workload as needed.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in human resources or related field.
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience is required, preferably in a legal or professional office environment.
- Knowledge about HR policies and laws.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Experience with Paycor preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to remain poised in difficult situations.
- Ability to work independently with multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Client service-oriented team player.
- Strategic thinking and active listening skills.
- Ability to identify issues, develop recommendations and implement solutions.
Varnum offers a professional environment with a competitive compensation and benefit program. Please send cover letter, resume and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- April 1, 2020
- February 28, 2020
- February 6, 2020