Hardware Support Technician
Varnum LLP is looking for a hardware support technician to join the Grand Rapids office and Information Technology team. The hardware support technician provides primary support of audiovisual equipment and software, copier and printer hardware and mobile devices.
- Setup and operate audiovisual equipment for trainings, presentations, meetings and conferences.
- Perform A/V equipment additions, removals, replacements and inspections.
- Identify, troubleshoot and resolve equipment malfunctions.
- Provide instruction on the operation of A/V equipment and Skype for Business to users as necessary.
- Provide first level support for ShoreTel phones, cellular phones and other mobile devices.
- Provide oversight of additions and removals of cellular lines of service.
- Coordinate vendor support for printer and copier fleet.
- Deliver, setup and relocate computer equipment as required.
- Receives requests for computer technical assistance and problem resolution from helpdesk ticket escalations and employees.
- Assists in resolving problems and ensuring satisfactory customer service.
- Provides after-hours support to computer users throughout the firm by being on call 24 hours a day periodically.
Minimum 2 years of experience using current business office technologies including Windows 10, and Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and positive customer-oriented attitude
- Skilled knowledge of computers and presentation software (Skype preferred)
- Skilled knowledge of business telephone software (ShoreTel or Mitel preferred)
- Ability to work independently, identifying resources and making independent decisions.
- Strong oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability and interest in learning technology-related skills.
- Flexible hours for availability (including occasional evenings and weekends)
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Please send resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.