Varnum LLP is seeking a service-oriented professional with a strong track record of success in event planning and execution and an understanding of marketing and public relations best practices. Demonstrated experience with CRM software and/or list management systems, Microsoft Office Suite, social media/digital marketing. Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite is a plus.
- Lead more than 45 events per year from conception through completion, including planning, budgeting, scheduling and managing vendors, managing invitation lists and responses providing on-site supervision and conducting post-event follow-up.
- Liaise with internal clients and identify their needs to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Provide feedback and reports as requested.
- Identify process improvements, service delivery and overall event quality.
- Ensure compliance with insurance, legal, health and safety obligations.
- Incorporate a social media strategy for each event, working with Design and PR teammates.
- Specify staff requirements and coordinate their activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in event management or related field required.
- Minimum three years' experience as an event planner. Experience with a variety of events (meetings, parties, corporate events) preferred.
- Ability to work evenings and travel to offices in various Michigan locations with occasional overnight stay.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for various internal and external audiences.
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented, pro-active, innovative and forward thinking.
- Strong creative instincts and sound business judgment.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, often with short timeframes.
- Comfortable with fast-paced, high standards of service and responsiveness in an ever-changing environment.
- Ability to influence internal clients in a consultative way and navigate in a professional services environment.
We offer a collegial, professional environment, excellent benefits, and a salary commensurate with experience. Varnum is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Please email cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.
- August 8, 2018
- July 26, 2018
- July 17, 2018