Data Security Specialist
Varnum LLP has an opening for a Data Security Specialist in our Grand Rapids office. This role provides support for the firm’s technology department by testing, documenting, and assisting with implementation of information security controls and solutions. This position is primarily responsible for execution of tasks to be used in support of IT risk and assessments, information security initiatives, and /or management reporting. The ideal candidate will be detail oriented with a data analysis background, solid research skills and an interest in security compliance. This is a part-time position with the potential for full-time.
- Monitor and review various cyber security logs and tools to identify events that require escalated analysis.
- Analyze, triage and communicate security incidents to senior technology staff.
- Assist with planning and implementing security measures to protect computer systems, computer networks and data.
- Audit security policies and procedures.
- Manage asset and device inventory.
- Research and analyze emerging security threats and recommend industry best practices for mitigating the firm’s risk.
- Coordinate security awareness program orientation and training to firm employees.
- Update procedures and guidelines to prevent the unauthorized use, release, modification, or destruction of firm data.
- May require working outside of stated office hours as needed for troubleshooting or incident reporting.
- Proficiency with mainstream operating systems and a wide range of security technologies, such as network security appliances, anti-malware solutions, and desktop security tools.
- Fundamental knowledge of network traffic to assess, prioritize and differentiate between potential intrusion attempts and false alarms.
- Basic understanding of current cyber threats and attacker methods.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of current networking protocols, server and desktop technologies.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, activities and tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Associates Degree or current enrollment in an accredited college or university studying one of the following disciplines: Computer Science, Cyber/Information Security, or Computer Information systems.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience working with computers
- General knowledge and understanding of basic networking
- General knowledge and understanding of client and server relationship
- Knowledge of supporting Windows 10 OS (7, 10) and IOS and Android OS
Please send cover letter and resume including salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.