IT Help Desk Support
Varnum has an opening for full-time, experienced IT help desk support. This position is responsible for receiving, prioritizing, documenting and actively resolving end user help requests for our offices in Eastern Michigan. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools as well as require giving in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level. Associate will be setting up new equipment, installing applications, providing support and making sure procedures are kept up to date.
ROLES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Daily travel to offices located in Novi, Ann Arbor, Birmingham and Detroit.
- Field incoming help requests from end users via both telephone and email in a courteous manner.
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from help desk customers.
- Escalate problems (when required) to the appropriately experienced system administrator.
- Record, track and document the help desk request problem-solving process, including all successful/unsuccessful decisions made and actions taken through to final resolution.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases and FAQ resources online to aid in problem resolution.
- Identify and learn appropriate software/hardware used and supported by the firm.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests.
The ideal candidate must possess excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills with a commitment to the highest standards for service. A minimum of an associate degree in the field of computer science or 3-5 years equivalent work experience is required. Varnum offers a professional environment, the opportunity to work as an integral member of the technology team, and a competitive compensation and benefit program. Please send cover letter, resume and salary expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org.