Collections Administrative Assistant
Varnum LLP has a part time opening in our Grand Rapids office for an Administrative Assistant to work with our Accounting and Collections teams. This position is responsible for providing administrative and clerical support to external clients and multiple attorneys and staff. This position will work approximately 24 hours per week during normal business hours, Monday through Friday with a consistent schedule.
- Respond to client requests for information
- Tracking activity on delinquent accounts
- Maintain collection files including status codes and collection activity
- Process monthly statement mailing
- Other general collection duties as required
- 2+ years' experience in an Administrative or Clerical role.
- Advanced skills in MS Office Products (Outlook, Word, Excel) required.
- Ability to type 45+ wpm with a high degree of accuracy.
- Willingness to adapt to and learn new technology, software programs, and upgrades.
- Excellent grammar, proofreading and organizational skills required
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with attorneys and staff members and external clients.
- Ability to communicate and handle stressful situations in a professional, calm, courteous manner.
- Willingness to work in a team-oriented service environment and exhibits professional conduct.
- Firm commitment to providing excellent client service.
- Ability to problem solve and arrange workload in order of importance to meet deadlines.
- Exhibit a desire to be a team player by demonstrating willingness to undertake additional responsibilities and assist others when requested.
- Demonstrate follow-up skills. Follow through a project from beginning to end.
We offer a collegial, professional environment, excellent benefits, and a salary commensurate with experience. Varnum is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Please email cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.
- December 4, 2018
- July 26, 2018
- July 17, 2018