Business Development Specialist
The business development specialist works closely with the firm's chief marketing officer and members of the marketing/business development team to provide strategic business development and marketing support across Varnum's practices and industries, including with respect to the creation of company and industry profiles, pitches and RFPs, and other strategic initiatives. This position will be based in either Grand Rapids or Novi, with occasional travel required to the opposite. Specific responsibilities for this role include:
- Research and draft pitches, proposals and RFP responses to facilitate the generation of business development leads;
- Assist with the design and execution of business development plans for practice groups and individual practitioners;
- Research, analyze and identify opportunities in key industry sectors and with target clients; analyze competitors and their service offerings and identify opportunities to raise the profile of the practices and practitioners;
- Analyze markets and conduct research into industries, sectors, clients, and competition in order to inform strategic planning and identify business opportunities;
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure that efforts are efficient and synchronized across business development support services.
- 3+years of business development or strategy experience within a professional services firm or law firm; Bachelor’s degree required;
- Advanced level of proficiency with Microsoft Office suite;
- Strong project management and problem-solving skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a self-directed manner, meet deadlines and thrive in a dynamic work environment;
- Superior research and writing skills;
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills, with a high level of attention to detail.
Please send resume and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.