Varnum attorneys have addressed a variety of air quality issue for clients. They include:
- Acquisition of air emission permits for construction, modification, renovation, and operation of industrial and municipal sources, including PSD, New Source Review, and Title V/Renewable Operating Permitting.
- Defense of Federal and State Clean Air Act administrative and judicial enforcement proceedings.
- Counseling on air emissions compliance issues, including NSPS, NESHAP, MACT, NSR, PSD, RACT, and emission credit trading, as well as record-keeping and reporting requirements.
- Indoor air quality and OSHA concerns of employers/operators.
- Expedited negotiation of air quality Consent Judgment for million-dollar asset purchase.
- Defended and favorably resolved air emission exceedance and permit violation claims against plastic parts coating operation.
- Avoidance of penalties and extension of air pollution control equipment installation by court order for automotive parts supplier.
- Power plant air emissions monitoring and exceedance reporting enforcement legal counsel.
- Printing company installation of exempt equipment and facility-wide air use permit negotiation.
- Counseling on air quality regulatory requirements for due diligence efforts of buyers and sellers.
- Assessment of strategic air quality compliance issues in Greenfield developments and facility expansions.