Varnum represents both public and private clients in all aspects of construction law. Clients of the firm include owners, architects, engineers, and developers of public, commercial, and residential construction projects, as well as general contractors, sub-contractors, vendors, and suppliers.
Varnum lawyers employ a multi-disciplinary approach to developing timely and resourceful solutions to the challenges facing clients in the construction industry. By drawing upon our strengths in specialty areas, we are able to focus the appropriate expertise on the spectrum of legal issues encountered by clients in the construction industry.
We successfully advise clients in complex construction matters including:
- Contract drafting and negotiating for all phases of construction projects
- Bid document preparation and evaluation
- Administrative claims regarding state-issued licenses
- Project closeout/payment disputes
- Construction lien matters
- Payment and performance bond matters
- Construction-related contracts and disputes
- Construction defects
- Design defects
- Construction delay disputes
- Insurance matters
- Mold and other environmental matters
- Project financing
- Site acquisition and zoning
- Litigation in all courts
- Arbitration and mediation
No matter what the case, we seek the best possible outcome for our clients by putting our experience, knowledge, and innovation to work for them.