Native American Land, Environment & Resources
Varnum counsels Native American bands and other sovereign entities with respect to acquisition, management and development of land and resources, and we provide guidance on related environmental and regulatory issues.
We are prepared to assist you in the following areas:
- Acquisition, development, recovery and remediation of sites with archeological, historical and cultural issues.
- Endangered Species Act application and interpretation in Indian Country.
- Environmental assessments and environmental issues in Indian Country.
- Land to trust applications.
- Lobbying and public relations at the local, state and Federal level.
- Mining and minerals exploration, extraction and management.
- Oil and gas exploration, development and distribution.
- Property law and property tax matters.
- Real estate issues in Indian Country.
- Establishing and enforcing repatriation rights.
- Establishing and enforcing treaty rights.
- Protecting and developing water resources and riparian rights.