Native American Families & Individual Rights
Varnum is especially proud of its experience and qualifications to meet the needs of the individual members of federally-recognized tribes. We believe that no other firm has developed and offers similar expertise and ability in meeting the needs of tribal members, not just the needs of tribal organizations.
Native American Families & Individual Rights Services Include:
- Prosecuting anti-Indian discrimination claims.
- Estate planning and asset protection representation with consideration for per capita payments, enrollment issues, ICWA issues, and tribal law, sovereignty and similar issues.
- Family law counseling and advice , including adoption, child custody, child abuse/neglect allegations, divorce, guardianship and similar issues, with special consideration for Indian Child Welfare Act issues, cultural preservation, enrollment issues, and tribal law, jurisdiction, traditions and sovereignty.
- Representation of individuals in tribal grievance proceedings.
- Indian Child Welfare Act matters.
- Indian Civil Rights Act issues and representation.
- Labor and employment rights and worker protection issues.
- Representation of individuals in tribal courts.