Zachary J. Meyer Associate
Zachary Meyer is a member of the Corporate Practice Group and assists clients in matters of business law. Zachary practices in the areas of corporate governance and structuring, mergers and acquisitions and regulatory compliance. His focus is in the industries of healthcare, alternative energy, community banking and manufacturing.
- Assisted a physicians' group in the sale of a medical device business line.
- Counseled a medical billing company regarding third-party billing practices.
- Supported an alternative energy entrepreneur in the establishment of a business structure for developing, contracting and building bio-digesters, including by analyzing licensing agreements and drafting manufacturing and raw material supply contracts.
- Assisted an alternative energy start-up company in the sale of an industrial facility energy supply business to a developer with second-stage financing.
- Aided an advanced aerospace tooling company in the sale of its business assets to a private equity firm.
- Supported a privately owned tooling company through advanced stage business growth, including by assisting in the negotiation of a joint venture with a manufacturing subsidiary of a publicly traded company.
- Analyzed the availability of in-state and out-of-state tax credit incentives for a tooling and manufacturing company.
- Counseled community banks regarding compliance with state and federal laws, including analysis of the regulation of ATMs, mortgage lending, retail installment lending and affiliated business arrangements.
- Assisted bank holding companies in the preparation of public filings with the SEC and regulatory filings with the Federal Reserve, including quarterly and annual reports, current event reporting and proxy statements.
- Advised engineering firms on licensing and other compliance requirements across the U.S.
- Coordinated execution of capital raises through the private issuance of common and preferred stock by, among others, a medical device development company and bank holding companies.
- Supported a food processing company in the negotiation of new commercial lending facilities, including the retirement of old lending facilities through the issuance of equity.
- Advised and assisted foreign manufacturing companies in expanding business operations into the U.S. through the acquisition of real estate and operating assets.
- Evaluated and managed commercial risks by reviewing or drafting commercial contracts, including asset and stock purchase agreements; manufacturing, supply and distribution agreements; employee, contractor and consultant agreements; and confidentiality, non-competition and non-solicitation agreements.
- Analyzed and advised on matters of corporate governance, including issues of ownership and control; fiduciary duties of directors, managers, officers, shareholders and members; and majority and minority rights.
Northwestern University School of Law
J.D., cum laude, 2010
Senior Editor, Northwestern Journal of International Law and Business
Cornell Law School
Ithaca, New York
First year J.D. curriculum, 2008
Langfan Moot Court Competition
Grand Rapids, Michigan
B.A., European History, with honors, 2007
Minors in Latin and Greek
Recipient, Presidential Academic Scholarship
Recipient, Peter D. Hoekstra History Scholarship
- State Bar of Michigan
- Grand Rapids Bar Association
- Catherine's Health Clinic (Board, 2012 to present)